Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Picture Post....

Ya'll are gonna get damn sick of me posting nothing but pictures....but I had to.  I found some awesome looking carved pumpkins and just had to share :)  And...in my defense...it's hard to come up with a well written blog post when you're half awake.  No amount of coffee can possibly make today better. Unless someone brings me a pumpkin spice latte...then it might be ok.  So, without further ado....






I absolutely love the last one.  The Predator is a kick ass critter, and quite possibly one of my favorite movie villans/heros (not quite sure which category I'd stick him in).  The possibilities on what you can do with this amazing orange gourd never cease to amaze me.  Are you planning on carving pumpkins this year??  What are you gonna make yours look like?  Do tell....

9 comments:

mybabyjohn/Delores said...

It is amazing what some folk can do with a pumpkin. I'm more of a ceramic pumpkin with battery operated tea light kind of a gal. I do have memories though of gutting pumpkins with my dad.

Sonia said...

I wish I could carve some amazing ones but I've never carved and am a little scared to. So I'm coming up with a paint and adornment shortcut. Thinking something glam and over the top... Ok, now I want to run to the craft store asap... : }

Dark Mother said...

I love the last one too!

I'm carving a Medusa pumpkin. I got a cool stencil off the web.

Magaly Guerrero said...

How can you not love the last one? It's creepy and lovely!

Judie said...

I wish I was artistic. My pumpkins look as good now as when I did them 50 years ago.

Fun pictures.

Tribal Horse Designs said...

those are way creeepy and love them !

Little Miss Hungry said...

Woah, the Predator one is incredible! Thanks for the share :)

I have already done a howling wolf pumpkin...I am also planning on doing a Rob Zombie carving and Eddie (from Iron Maiden) too!

AstraeaSapphire said...

I am very untalented in the pumpkin carving area. :-( So this year I'm gonna have my kids draw faces on their pumpkins, and I'll simply cut out their designs. Hopefully they don't come up with anything too complicated. :-S

Little Miss Hungry said...

The more practice you get, the better you'll be! I bet you will do a great job cutting out their designs :)

When I was younger, instead of carving, I used to paint the pumpkin either using my fingers or with a brush. I did it recently with the 17 month old I nanny for and he loved it!