Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday: Chai Iced Tea

It's hot out there guys.  Way too hot to even be contemplating drinking hot tea (although I've done it often with this tooth issue of mine lately (chamomile is a godsend...just sayin).  So, for the next few weeks I will be posting different iced tea recipies.  Because what' the fun in regular unsweet (or sweet) tea?  Granted...it's what I keep stocked in my fridge...but then again I've totally embraced that whole lazy summer attitude that my daughter is a pro at.  Without further ado.....Chai (you know I love it) Iced Tea!!!


The Stuffs You Need to Make It:

  • 8 chai tea bags

  • 4 cups hot water

  • 1 tablespoon vanilla

  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup orange-flavored cream soda

  • 1/2 cup vanilla-flavored cream soda

  • 1/2 cup milk

  • Cinnamon sticks, if desired


  • How You Make It:

    Chill glasses in freezer several hours before serving.

    Steep tea bags in hot water 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bags. Stir vanilla and brown sugar into tea until sugar is dissolved. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate at least 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.

    Serve over ice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick (or two).

    Drink and Say "Aaahhhhh".

    8 comments:

    Texan Zombie Goddess said...

    that sounds soooo good! I definitely plan on making some!

    Dreaming of Jeanie said...

    Wow, this sounds yummy! Put a little booze in there and you have a hot afternoon get-together! ;)

    Winter Slytherin @ Mother Moons said...

    I love hot tea! I crave it in the summer months too but almost never give in since I'm from Texas. We've had something like 15 days in a row of 100+ temperatures. Hot tea is one of the first things that I look forward to once the fall begins to come around.

    Dark Mother said...

    This sounds like an awesome desserty type drink. I'm not a tea drinker but this could persuade me.

    WhisperingWriter said...

    I'd love that. I'm a big fan of tea.

    The Blue Faerie said...

    Oooh... This sounds really good right about now. :)

    Tribal Horse Designs said...

    this sounds so good !! I love chai tea hot..never drank it cold

    Walk in the Woods said...

    Sounds wonderful and the image … beautiful!