Friday, May 27, 2011

My apologies.....

for having been so quiet lately and for falling behind on my weekly posts. I have had a lot going on in my personal life the past few weeks. I am now in panic mode where everything needs to be done by yesterday......
You see....next Tuesday, at the pre butt-crack of dawn, K and I will be departing for a road trip to New Mexico to see my mom for a few days. When we come back we will be +1 because I'm bringing home my daughter!! And all of the stuff that we can fit into the car that belongs to her. The rest will be brought down by my mom in mid-June. So you see....I'm freaking right the hell out.
Here's the deal....my daughter hasn't lived with me full-time since she was 5 years old. That's almost 6 years ago. I have this idea in my head of what my child should be.....and well, she isn't that kid anymore. She doesn't need my help picking out her clothes, making her breakfast, helping her out with finding a TV program or anything. She's almost 11....she's a heck of a lot more independent now than she was 6 years ago. This excites me....as I get to meet and have a relationship with a completely new person; but it scares the hell out of me too. Granted...she's been here for vacations and school breaks...but that is so different from living here full time. There are going to be rules and stuff....and she's going to do her best to bend (if not completely break) every single one of them to see how far she can go with me. I'm sure this will make for more improved blog entries but at what length before I string her up on a broom??? LOL
So....we have the next few days to get the house in order. K is graciously giving her bedroom to the wee one and she will be moving into the den...which will be partitioned off with black-out curtains (eventually) for privacy. Not the most ideal situation....but I suppose it will work for now. K is the ever awesome night owl...so she's always the last one in bed anyways. It just makes sense. (Note....I will be continuing my search for a 3-bedroom home elsewhere) We haven't moved furniture around at all....and this morning I received a most distressing call from the ex saying that the bed I was going to get for the wee one (from a friend of his) had been stolen out of his storage unit (along with everything else in there and the one next to it). Well that damn near put me in a tailspin. I had my "moment" and then texted a very resourceful friend who usually can whip things that are needed for our group out of thin air. Lo and behold...she's got a mattress set in her garage that is perfectly acceptable to be used. I am one happy witch. :) And as an equally awesome bonus.....my godson's parents have a headboard and footboard that can be used on the bed. Can I just say....awesome :) And to top it off....K's mom just texted her to let us know she is helping with gas funds for our trip. This is a huge thing....as we are a broke pair. LOL
There are other things that I am dealing with in this mind of mine...but for now everything is taking the back burner until the wee one has been dealt with.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Have a safe trip and blessings on your family reunion!

Ms. Espy said...

I am so happy for you. How wonderful that you get to be with your daughter again. Take it from someone who hasn't seen her daughter in 10 years. Enjoy every single moment. Blessings on you and your family.

Dreaming of Jeanie said...

So excited for you!! I'm glad everything is coming together for you and that you have such generous people in your life. Have a safe trip!

Dark Mother said...

Enjoy your time together!

Also, don't apologize for not having time to get on here. Life is life is life is life.