Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday: Lavender Tea

You'll notice that the Meditation Monday post was actually posted just shortly before I put today's Tea Time Tuesday together. That's because Meditation Monday became Migraine Monday for me. I woke up insanely early yesterday and prepared to go to work and was, instead, blindsided by one of the most viscious migraines I have experienced....ever. This one made me actually ill.....and I fell twice due to the insane amount of diziness I was thrown. I was one unhappy witch. So in light of that fact.....I decided to post about the benefits of lavender tea today. Lavender is one of the herbs that people refer to most for stress relief. It's actually come up quite a bit in my personal conversations lately so I'm going with it. Lavender tea may help with the following issues: May help ease insomnia. May help calm nervousness and ease anxiety May help alleviate stress May help soothe an upset stomach May help treat colic May help to ease depressive and migraine headaches May help to ease symptoms of respitory issues such as: asthma, colds, coughs, bronchitis, etc. (When applied topically) May help to reduce fevers (induced sweating) Also useful as a mouthwash to help with halitosis **All information was found here. You can read the full article as well as find several other articles on teas**

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love lavender; I just wish I had better luck growing it where I live. I completely empathize with the migraine. Glad you are feeling better.

Penny said...

I am so sorry you were so ill :(. I love lavender and all it's many splendors. Stay well!

\IiiI