Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time Warp

So this past week has been a not so very good one. I've had two friends suffer tragedies this week, another friend had to go visit family because a family member ended up in ICU, and my car decided that it didn't like it's front driver side tire anymore.

Work has been work......they've got me doing something new and my body has decided that it doesn't like that very much. Combine that with the weight gain that occured over the past few weeks and we're talking a serious blow to my self-esteem.

The soon to be ex is still being a jackwagon. I tried to strike up a friendly convo one day this past week and he cut me off and rushed to get off the phone. Again.....blow to the self-esteem. Even though I should know that he's gonna be a giant douche about all this. From what I've heard from friends of mine.....this is typical behavior from him when he decides he's done with someone. And that's fine.....I'll get over it soon enough. It's easier to stay angry at him right now than to acknowledge the pain I feel when I have to talk to him.

I'm convinced I will end up being single for the rest of my life.....please understand that this is a passing thing and I will get through this one too. I work in a field that gives me lots of exposure to the public and I have the opportunity to see many attractive men. And 99.9% of these men are married. The other 0.1% act like they don't even see me. *sigh* Oh well.....it's way too soon to even be considering anything like that. But I did have a friend of mine tell me the sweetest thing....he told me one of the reasons that he's dating the girl he's with is because she reminds him of me. I damn near cried when he said that. Like I said...sweet :)

Yes...I realize that I missed this weeks posts. Actually...it didn't dawn on me until last night. And I'm still trying to find something decent for my first giveaway. My brain is like scrambled eggs lately....so bear with me.

I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday and an awesome weekend!

7 comments:

SilverFox said...

Sorry to hear things haven't been so nice lately. This guy sounds like a pretty bi douche to me, and I'm sure you will find the perfect sweetheart when you're ready to.

Just A Gal said...

What a complete chode!! I've had exes like that. They can kiss our asses, eh? So sorry you're feeling poopy. I'm sending you love and postive energies. You will not be alone your whole life, even if you end up being single for a while. I know the pain is a real bitch. Go get your hair or nails done, have a huge glass of wine and watch your favorite movie. Try and keep your chin up, doll.

The Traveler said...

Every single person I've known who was in a similar situation (and there are a lot of them, including myself) has found someone when we stopped looking. Don't worry, everything happens in it's own time, and it will be worth waiting for.

Dark Mother said...

My only advice is to be easy on yourself. Give yourself whatever you need right now. If you wanna curl up and watch horrible t.v., do it. If you wanna stare at the wall and cry, do it. If you wanna go for a walk and talk to yourself out loud the whole time (yup, that would be me) do it.

The Blue Faerie said...

Chin up, girl. Things will get better. I'm with Just a Gal. Take a vacation and just have a good relax. Sounds like you need it. :)

WhisperingWriter said...

I'm sorry. :/

I doubt you'll be single forever. One day you'll meet a nice guy.

naturespiritgarden said...

Sending a virtual hug over the pond. You deserve so much more, and you'll see that in your own time. And when you do, you'll attract it to you ;) xxx