Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I feel the earth....

Move....Under my feet. LOL. I totally stole that from a friend's FB status update.

I woke up this morning to the wall behind my bed vibrating and a distinctive loud thudding noise that sounded like something hit the building wall. I thought it was just the maintenance men in the apartment under ours, as they have been making noise down there for the better part of two weeks.

I was wrong. Shortly thereafter, I started getting text messages from friends asking if me and the hubby were ok. Considering I wasn't even out of bed yet, the ringtone of my phone quickly started to annoy me. I told everyone we were fine...then decided to ask why four people had asked me that in the space of 5 minutes. Find out we had a confirmed 4.3 magnitude earthquake this morning. How awesome is that.....lol.

It's a significant quake for this area....the last one they had like this was a 5.something in the 1950's. Still....I used to live in Japan so it's no big deal for me. I lived through bigger earthquakes that were actually the result of shockwaves and aftershocks from other quakes. I was less than impressed and just slightly annoyed that I was woken up by the Earth deciding it needed to reach up and say hi.

Yay Wednesday.

Two more days and I finally get a day off....seriously hope the boss lady doesn't schedule me six days in a row again. It hurts.

1 comment:

Rue said...

Glad all was well. Nothing like a little shaking to wake you up in the morning!