Thursday, October 7, 2010

I am inspired

I was catching up on the blogs that I stalk and came across a post by Bella at http://bellafoxglove.blogspot.com/ titled "It's Time...." and was smacked over the back of my head with a cosmic 2x4. Don't you love when that happens??

I am one of the most lazy individuals I know. No, seriously...I am. Don't get me wrong...I have great ideas and generally have a gung-ho attitude at the beginning of something. What I lack is the ability to follow through. With anything. Take this blog for example...I started it because I have a passion for herbs and a love of tea. I figured...take my passion and spread it's wonderfulness to others. Yeah...we see how far that's gotten. I dig the whole idea of yoga. I have a few books about the subject, a cool purple mat and even some nifty (way comfy) pants from Old Navy designed specifically for the act of yoga. Ask me when the last time I did yoga....go ahead, ask. Over a year ago!!

I recently stocked my fridge and pantry with all sorts of healthy food options. The most I've done is crack open the bag of broccoli and cauliflower so that I could devour a container of hummus. I love hummus. There is still salad, apples, kiwi, squash and all sorts of stuff in there. Unopened. I got things so that I could actually cook meals at home. I've gone to McDonald's, Sonic, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Taco Bell. **On a totally unrelated side note...McD's has these ultra cool color changing straws...they are wicked cool**

I bought an herbal supplement/multivitamin to help boost my metabolism and I took them for a week.

I have a written list of things I want to blog about this month...none have been looked at twice. I started this NaNoBloMo event that I found last night (consider this my first post ya'll) and signed up for NaNoWriMo for next month. There is a part of me that dreads all of this.

I don't know what my issue is...I don't know if it's sheer laziness, procrastination or a fear of actually doing something all the way through. Or if it's a combination of all of the above. But something has got to give.....doesn't it? I have to get off my butt and do something with my life. I'm 30 for crying out loud...shouldn't I have something to show for it? I should...and deep down I know the only thing holding me back is myself. I'm scared to death of actually succeeding at something. I have no idea why....but I am.

So....the buck stops here (or something like that). Baby steps...let's see if I can get through the rest of the week with the blog posting and we'll go from there. Wish me luck....I'm gonna need it. No, seriously...I am.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am soo there with you! I have soo many unfinished projects it isn't even funny. I read about these people who do like a billion things in a day, while holding down a full time job and raising 2 kids and I can barely keep up with daily household tasks with no job and no kids. I have this vision of my life that I want to get to but it feels like the most unattainable thing ever. So I wish you all the best in this! Heck maybe I'll even get my butt in gear and get something accomplished too.

MommaBeast said...

I dread NaNoWriMo too. Every time. It's like a mix of one part excitement, one part horror. It's SO MANY WORDS to write in one month, and while I love the challenge of doing it, and I love comparing my word count to other people's... it's SO MANY WORDS. It's a commitment of sitting down and WRITING. EVERY DAY.

But it's worth it. Most things we dread actually turn out to be worth it, I've noticed. :)

Aleta said...

Good Luck! Use your blog to hold yourself accountable :) Tell us what you're going to do today and then post what you did - sometimes that really does help :)

I'm doing the NaBloWriMo as well. Before October, I was really slacking in updating my blog. Feels good to write every day.

As for NaNoWriMo... I haven't tried this. I'm not an author, just a blogger. I can't imagine writing a story! Good luck on it and let me know how it goes. I'm curious, just not that brave. Lol

SpiritAmethyst said...

I have no idea what NaNoWriMo is, I will have to google it... I get the procrastination, I found facebook was a big no no for me. I was spending hours at a time on all the silly (but addictive) games. I couldn't agree more with you, just do little steps, remember to keep praising your own efforts. We often treat our friends and even strangers with a lot more respect than we give ourselves. Just keep breathing, don't put yourself down if you haven't accomplished everything you planned in one day, and make sure you get the balance right. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Or something.... ;)

The Blue Faerie said...

But you know, the good thing about being a person like that is that you're the one that has EVERYTHING. You're the one that when a friend says, "Man, I really want to be in that performance but I don't have a horse saddle and yoga mat," jumps up and down and says, "Hey! I've got, like, three of both of those! I can lend them to you!" :P

...Now that I think of it, what kind of performance would involve those two things?

Bella Foxglove said...

Thanks for the mention!

I am right there in that boat with you! I always have the best intentions, I am all pumped up at the start of things, and then, like 3 days later, I am back to sitting in this chair doing nothing at all lol.

But I am 31, 80 to 100 pounds over my "ideal weight" ( Again, my standards, not societies! ) in a family chock full of heart disease and diabetes and all kinds of fun stuff. I do not want to follow in their footsteps. I want to see my kids grown and maybe play with a few grandkids if that is in the cards.

It is hard for me...but I realized finally that no one was going to make me do it, I had to put on my granny panties and do it if I wanted results...and here I am...after a week...still alive and starting to think " Hey, maybe I CAN do this!"

Comments from you made me feel even better about the choices I made and I thank you!

If you ever want to chat, or need some support, look me up, I am happy to talk!

Bella Foxglove said...

P.S. I added your blog button to my blog roll, I love it!