Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

Welcome, welcome!! Here it is...the beginning of the surprise that I've been knocking back and forth in my brain for the past few weeks. Tea Time Tuesday is here.

As I'm sure you have noticed my blog title has a reference to tea in it...the tea closet. And I'll tell you why....I have a cabinet in my kitchen. It's a good sized cabinet. It is used as a spice cabinet and a place to store my tea. This cabinet has three shelves...only the bottom of which has spices on it. The other two are over-flowing with boxes of teas. What can I say....I like tea...a lot.

Tea is wonderful....bagged, loose, iced, hot, room temperature. It's a wonderful way to take a few minutes out of your day to escape with a contented sigh to a state of pure bliss. Or is that only me? I used to live in Japan a number of years ago and fell in love with the tea ceremonies that I had the good luck of seeing. There is something so enchanting about the slow, deliberate movements each step takes. It's amazingly magickal.

So here, on Tea Time Tuesday, we will take a few moments...brew a cup and talk about tea. Different kinds of tea, different methods of preperation, different additives to your tea, all things tea. So, if there is anything you would like to see...let me know and I'll do my best to fulfill your wishes.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you lived in Japan! How fun!